Our team helps to run Centre and on this page you can apply to join it. Joining helps us to run our organisation and it gives new policy makers more experience.
Apply to join
You can apply for any of our positions using the button below:
Reasons to join
- You get to write papers and articles on issues you care about. Our papers are often released with forewords written by politicians or candidates that we work with and we also release them on social media.
- As part of Centre you get to help change the minds of activists and politicians. For instance we presented our “Expanding furlough” paper to the Gaps in Support APPG which consisted of 260 MPs which then recommended it as reading for the Chancellor. We also took part in events including MPs and activists to raise awareness of the issue.
- You learn skills along the way. Whether its designing graphics, improving your writing skills and editing videos or podcasts.
- Our team members have often gone off to work in other organisations after gaining experience in Centre.
Our team members have worked for*
Membership Development (voluntary)
Head of Policy
Head of Digital Communications (voluntary)
Equality spokesperson (voluntary)
Social Security spokesperson (voluntary)
Foreign affairs spokesperson (voluntary)
Culture, Media and Sport spokesperson (voluntary)
Community spokesperson (voluntary)
Regional and state team vacancies
English Regional Chairs (voluntary)
English Regional Deputy Chairs (voluntary)
State Chairs (voluntary)
State Deputy Chairs (voluntary)
Digital team vacancies
Facebook Social Media Team member (voluntary)
Twitter Social Media Team member (voluntary)
Head of Website Development (voluntary)
Complaints and safeguarding
Safeguarding team (voluntary)
Regular writers (voluntary)
* Organisations shown here are not endorsed by Centre and appearing here is not an endorsement of Centre.
Jasneet Samrai: Deputy Manager, Oxfam Aberystwyth, until May 2023. Breast Cancer Now from July 2023.
Alex Toal: Alliance and Support Executive, Make Votes Matter until 2022. Since then he joined the Institute for Government as one of their two Events Officers.
Ariane Far: Policy Advisor, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
Jake Poulton: Public Affairs Coordinator, Red Cross Policy. Public Affairs Officer, the Nursing and Midwifery Council. Public Affairs and Advocacy Intern, Macmillan Cancer Support.
Will Barber – Taylor: Digital Campaigns and Media Officer at Generation Rent UK.
Joe Stanley: Office of Dan Jarvis MP.