What we can learn from Denmark in their fight against climate change
By Ariane Far, November 1st 2021. Centre Think Tank ISSN 2634-4696
The UK government currently plans on approaching climate change reduction by aiming for a cleaner, more preserved and less wasteful society. Nevertheless, Denmark’s policies could also encourage cooperation, proactivity, further business pressures, political embedding and cultural changes thanks to additional legislation. Therefore, five possibilities of additional policy for the UK will be underlined:
- Give NGOs the right to appeal over environmental legislation.
- A new Circular Economy Advisory Board.
- Implement a scarce resource tax.
- Planning cities with bikes in mind.
- Greater accountability for government climate targets.