Lessons from Denmark
Lessons from Denmark explores how Denmark protects the environment and how the UK can learn from its success.
- Give NGOs the right to appeal over environmental legislation.
- A new Circular Economy Advisory Board.
- Implement a scarce resource tax.
- Planning cities with bikes in mind.
- Greater accountability for government climate targets.
Ariane is a policy advisor at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. She was previously the Environment Spokesperson for Centre. As part of Centre, Ariane wrote a paper on lessons from Denmark on the environment. She also published a monthly article for Centre on the environment. She also has experience as a freelance writer for the Oxford Business Review and as a Communications Intern at the UN Environment Programme.