Computer says no
This paper shows the issues with the vaccine rollout and how we can ensure every vaccine dose is logged regardless of where it has been administered.
- At the moment, people who have moved between different nations are having issues accessing and recording their vaccine doses.
- This is a problem with communication between NHS systems, with there also being some issues internal to nations.
- Vaccine passports are being planned for usage domestically, however there are major issues with these as some people are unable to prove that they have had both doses through no fault of their own.
- We have a number of policy recommendations to solve these issues, including a new system that allows the transfer of vaccine data across all UK nations.
- We also oppose the usage of vaccine passports.
- Long term we want to implement a single IT system across the NHS, or alternatively, different systems that are compatible with each other and are able to transfer data properly.
Deputy Director (internal)
Jasneet coordinates our team and helps to set the policy direction for Centre. They work at Breast Cancer Now, previously worked at Oxfam and has also been a campaign organiser helping to elect 3 MEP’s. Jasneet is also Head of Safeguarding and Pastoral Care.