A Pride Manifesto
This paper sets out policies that would improve the lives of LGBTQ+ people.
- We will protect the rights of gay people and we will enhance them by abolishing the ‘gay blood ban’.
- We would enhance transgender rights by ending the spousal veto, reforming the GRA to allow self-identification, and ensuring that transgender people have fair access to social housing in Northern Ireland.
- We support removing gender markers on legal documents.
- We would introduce a scheme similar to Finland’s housing first scheme in the UK. Part of the reason for this is that homelessness disproportionately affects LGBTQ+ people.
- Support local councils and devolved bodies in creating accessibility grants as, currently in the UK, there is a lack of LGBT+ venues that are fully accessible to those who are disabled.
- We would Ban Conversion Therapy for all LGBTQ+ people, Relationship and sex education that includes LGBTQ+ issues where there is no ability for parents to opt their children out and reform the census so that data on the amount of LGBTQ+ people is collected
Deputy Director (internal)
Jasneet coordinates our team and helps to set the policy direction for Centre. They work at Breast Cancer Now, previously worked at Oxfam and has also been a campaign organiser helping to elect 3 MEP’s. Jasneet is also Head of Safeguarding and Pastoral Care.